Sat-Nav Devices have completely transformed the way in which humans travel in cities and remote locations. In fact, today’s tech-savvy generation relies heavily on such gadgets for smooth and hassle-free navigation. One of the leading brands offering such sophisticated devices is Garmin. It offers an extensive range of innovative devices to suit the requirements of different users. In order to ensure that these state-of-the-art devices perform perfectly well, it has designed a user-friendly platform called Garmin Express. This brilliant solution keeps your sat-nav devices updated with the latest software and maps.
Garmin Express is a desktop application designed for managing and updating your devices. With the help of this application, you can perform multiple functions such as software and maps update, product registration, data syncing, product manual installation, and much more.
How To Use Garmin Express?
Garmin Express is a desktop application that supports management of your Garmin Devices. However, its primary function is to update your devices with the latest software and maps.
In order to perform an update or any other function, you must have this intuitive, user-friendly application. In other words, you have to perform its Setup procedure. This involves downloading its latest Setup File and Installing the same on your system. Subsequently, you must generate a Garmin Express Account for accessing your services and products.
Once, you have installed the software and logged in to your User Account. Then, hook up your Garmin Device with your Computer by means of a mini USB Cable. Thereafter, Register your Device if you are using it for the first time.
In this way, your Garmin Device is linked to the Garmin Server through this wonderful desktop application known as Garmin Express. As such, you can perform all the required tasks on your Garmin Device including GPS and Map Updates.
Therefore, the very thing to do is to deploy Garmin Express on your Computer. Moreover, you can set it up on either a Windows or Mac based system.
Garmin Express Setup
Garmin ensures that its users always get the best experience even if deploying an essential software like Garmin Express. As such, it has kept the entire process extremely simple, convenient and quick. This involves downloading and installing the application. For this purpose, check the instructions given below.
Once your device becomes compatible with Garmin Express, you can start the downloading process. Only after downloading the application, you will be able to update maps and software on your device. For this, follow the below-given procedure carefully.
- First and foremost, open an Internet Browser on your system.
- After that, visit the official website of Garmin by typing “garmin.com” in the address bar.
- From the homepage of Garmin, navigate and access the “Discover” tab. You will get this option at the upper section of the screen.
Clicking this option will extend a list for you. As such, click on “Garmin Express” from the available options of the extended list.
- Now, you will get the required Garmin Express window.
You can also access Garmin Express webpage by directly typing “garmin.com/express” in your Browser’s Address Bar.
- As a result, it allows you to get “Download for Windows” as well as “Download For Mac”. Select the desired option as per the operating system you are using.
- This will automatically start the downloading process. Wait for the successful completion of the process.
Installing Garmin Express
After the successful completion of the download process, you can move to the next step i.e. Installation. You are required to install the Garmin Express application by following the given steps.
- First of all, access the Downloads folder on your Windows device.
Generally, downloaded files automatically get saved in the Downloads folder. In case you have installed it in a different location, then access that folder.
- Then, double-click the downloaded setup file of Garmin Express.
- Now, a Security warning popup box will appear, asking you to permit the application to run on your device. Given your permission by tapping the “Run” button.
- In the next window, you can review the terms and conditions of Garmin. For this, click the relevant link provided and carefully read the T&C document.
- After reading, you have to agree to these terms and conditions by tick marking the checkbox.
- Here, you can also change the installation location of your Garmin Express. For this, click the “Options” tab which is located on the lower-left corner of the installation window.
- In the next window, select the “Browse” tab.
- Then, choose the desired location for installing the Garmin Express application.
- After selection, click “Ok”.
- Now, tap the “Back” button to come back to the installation wizard.
- Then, tap the “Install” button.
- By doing so, the installation of your software will begin. You can review the process with the progress bar.
- Once the installation gets completed, click the “Laun Garmin Expres” tab.
- Thereafter, in the next window, tap the “Get Started” option.
Here completes your Garmin Express installation process. Now, you can use your application for updating maps and software on your Garmin device.
- First of all, move to the “Downloads Folder” or the location where you have downloaded your setup file.
- Next, double-click the Garmin Express setup file.
- Now, you have to select the Install Garmin Express icon.
- After that, a popup box will appear to confirm the installation process. Give your consent by tapping the “Continue” button.
- In the welcome window, tap the “Continue” option to move further.
- Thereafter, you are required to read the “License Agreement For Garmin Software”. This will provide complete information about data collection, data usage, and other Garmin activities. Hence, read the agreement carefully and tap the “Continue” option.
- Now, Garmin wants you to agree to their terms and conditions. So, a popup box will appear. Give your acceptance by clicking the “Agree” button.
- In the next window, click the “Install” button.
- After that, Mac required you to allow the application installed on your device by providing your Mac administrator username and password. Hence, enter required system credentials in the empty fields.
- Next, hit the tab for “Install Software”.
- Now, your installation process for Garmin Expres will begin. This process might take a few minutes. Hence, wait for its completion.
- Once the process gets completed, click “Close”.
Now, you can start using your installed application on your Mac device.