What is Garmin Express?
Garmin Express is a desktop application designed for managing and updating your devices. With the help of this application, you can perform multiple functions such as software and maps update, product registration, data syncing, product manual installation, and much more.
For better and more accurate information, you must keep your device updated with the latest software and maps. With the help of the Garmin Express application, you can easily update your device. It will send a notification every time the update is available.
Since Garmin releases updates after every short interval. Hence, you are required to download and install the Garmin Express application for enhancing the experience of using the Garmin device. To make your work easier, you can follow the below-given procedures. These procedures will assist you in having an error-free installation and updates experience.
For a successful installation of your Garmin Express, you are required to fulfill some minimum requirements. These system requirements will help you in making your device compatible with Garmin Express. Try to exceed the minimum bar of the given system requirements.
- Operating System- Windows 7 SP1 or newer, Microsoft .NET 4.5.2
- Display- 1024 x 768 display with USB port
- RAM- 1 GB
- Hard Disk Space- Up to 20 GB free disk space
- Operating System- OS X 10.11 or newer
- Display- 1440 x 900 display, USB port and
- RAM- 1 GB
- Free Hard Disk Space- Up to 20 GB free space is required
Along with these, you must also have high-speed Internet access for mobile and satellite connections.
Once your device becomes compatible with Garmin Express, you can start the downloading process. Only after downloading the application, you will be able to update maps and software on your device. For this, follow the given procedure carefully.
- First and foremost, open a web browser on your system.
- After that, visit the official website of Garmin by typing “garmin.com” in the address bar.
- From the homepage of Garmin, move your cursor to reach the “Discover” tab. You will get this option on the upper-side of the screen.
Clicking this option will open an extended list. Click “Garmin Express” from the available options of the extended list.
- Now, you will reach the Garmin Express window.
You can also reach the Garmin Express window by directly typing “garmin.com/express” in the address bar.
- In the next window, you will get two options, “Download for Windows” and “Download For Mac”. Select the desired option as per the operating system you are using.
- This will automatically start the downloading process. Wait for the successful completion of the process.
After the successful completion of the download process, you can move to the next step i.e. Installation. You are required to install the Garmin.com/express application by following the given steps.
- First of all, access the Downloads folder on your Windows device.
Generally, downloaded files automatically get saved in the Downloads folder. In case you have installed it in a different location, then access that folder.
- Then, double-click the downloaded setup file of Garmin Express.
- Now, a Security warning popup box will appear, asking you to permit the application to run on your device. Given your permission by tapping the “Run” button.
- In the next window, you can review the terms and conditions of Garmin. For this, click the relevant link provided and carefully read the T&C document.
- After reading, you have to agree to these terms and conditions by tick marking the checkbox.
- Here, you can also change the installation location of your Garmin Express. For this, click the “Options” tab which is located on the lower-left corner of the installation window.
- In the next window, select the “Browse” tab.
- Then, choose the desired location for installing the Garmin Express application.
- After selection, click “Ok”.
- Now, tap the “Back” button to come back to the installation wizard.
- Then, tap the “Install” button.
- By doing so, the installation of your software will begin. You can review the process with the progress bar.
- Once the installation gets completed, click the “Laun Garmin Express” tab.
- Thereafter, in the next window, tap the “Get Started” option.
Here completes your Garmin Express installation process. Now, you can use your application for updating maps and software on your Garmin device.
For installing the Garmin Express application on your Mac device, you have to follow the below-mentioned procedure step by step.
- First of all, move to the “Downloads Folder” or the location where you have downloaded your setup file.
- Next, double-click the Garmin Express setup file.
- Now, you have to select the Install Garmin Express icon.
- After that, a popup box will appear to confirm the installation process. Give your consent by tapping the “Continue” button.
- In the welcome window, tap the “Continue” option to move further.
- Thereafter, you are required to read the “License Agreement For Garmin Software”. This will provide complete information about data collection, data usage, other Garmin activities. Hence, read the agreement carefully and tap the “Continue” option.
- Now, Garmin wants you to agree to their terms and conditions. So, a popup box will appear. Give your acceptance by clicking the “Agree” button.
- In the next window, click the “Install” button.
- After that, Mac required you to allow the application installed on your device by providing your Mac administrator username and password. Hence, enter required system credentials in the empty fields.
- Next, hit the “Install Software” tab.
- Now, your installation process will begin. This process might take a few minutes. Hence, wait for its completion.
- Once the process gets completed, click “Close”.
Now, you can start using your installed application on your Mac device.
Create Garmin Express Account
For using your Garmin Express application, you must have a Garmin account. You can easily create your account by following the given procedures.
- Open a web browser on your device.
- Then, visit the Garmin Express web page. by typing “Garmin.com/express” in the address bar.
- After that, tap the Profile icon which is located on the upper right corner of the screen.
- From the extended list, click the “Create Account” button.
- Thereafter, provide all the required information such as:
- Email Address that you want to link with your Garmin Express account.
- Retype Email Address for confirmation.
- Re-type Password
- Next, tick mark the checkbox for getting notifications about the product news or promotions.
- Finally, tap the “Create Account” button.
Update Using Garmin Express Application
After downloading and installing the Garmin Express, you can start using the application for updating software and map on your Garmin device.
For updates, your Garmin device must be connected with your system. You can connect your device using the USB cable. Attach one end of the cable to the device and the other to the system. After connecting, you can start following the given procedure.
Note: This process is based on the assumption that you have already registered your Garmin device. If you are a new user and have an unregistered product, then firstly register it and then move further.
- First of all, open your Garmin Express application. You can open the application by clicking the application icon from the desktop.
- After that, click the “Add a Device” icon.
- Now, Garmin Express will start searching for the connected device. Make sure you have properly connected your device.
- Once the search gets completed, select the “Add Device” tab next to your connected product.
- Next, you can sync your Garmin product with the Garmin Connect account. This will help you to view and update the data. So, here:
- Click the “Sign In” tab.
- Provide an email address and password which is associated with your Garmin Express account.
- Finally, tap the “Sign in” button.
In case you are a new user and don’t have an account, then click the “Create an Account” option. Then, provide all the required information and follow the on-screen instructions.
- In the next window, you can provide a Nickname to your Garmin product.
Also, choose the preferred language by clicking the language box and then, select the language from the drop-down menu.
- After that, select the “Next” tab.
- Now, you can set up a wireless connection for uploading the data on the Garmin Connect account. For this, click the “Find Networks” option and follow the on-screen instructions for successfully connecting to the network.
- Next, click the “Next” tab.
- Thereafter, read the Privacy Statement of Garmin. Click the “View Privacy Statement” option for reading the document and tap the “Yes” button to agree with it.
- Now, the installation process will begin. Wait until the process gets completed.
- Once the installation gets completed successfully, the main window of the application will appear.
- Next, you have to click the “Sync” option. This will help in uploading your data to Garmin Connect.
- Thereafter, you will see all the available updates on your device.
- Then, click the “Install” / “Install All” option for installing the available updates.
If more than one update is available, then you can click the “View Details” option and can also install the updates separately.
- In the middle of the process, a dialog box will appear for accepting the updated terms and conditions. Read the document and tap the “Accept” button.
- The update process will begin. Once the process gets successfully completed “You are up-to-date” window will appear.