Garmin Express is an application for managing the Garmin devices and to install all the map updates. You can download the application from garmin.com/mapupdates.
How To Complete The Garmin.com/mapupdates Procedure?
- First of all, you need to open your preferred browser on your device.
- After that, go to “garmin.com/mapupdates”.
- As a result, it will take you to a new window, click on “Download Garmin Express” tab. This will start downloading the software.
- Once the downloading process gets completed, double-click the file.
- Thereafter, view the license agreement of the software and if you agree to it, click on the “Install” button. Once the installation finishes, click on the Launch Garmin Express icon to open the application.
- Now, connect your Garmin device to your computer with the help of USB cable. Connect one end of the USB cable with the computer another with your Garmin device.
- Next, click on the “Add a Device” icon on your system and the software will start searching for your Garmin device.
- Once the screen says connected, click on the “Add Device” button which is given below your device name. You can also click on the “Search Again” link if you have not found your device.
- Afterward, register your device by entering your email address. Then, you need to click on the “Next” button located at the bottom of the page.
- In the next screen, Sync With Garmin Connect and then log in to your Garmin account. Follow the below-given instructions for signing in.
- Click on the blue “Sign In” button.
- Then, enter your email address and password into the respected fields that you used at the time of account creation. Thereafter, click on the “Sign In” button.
- If you have not created your Garmin account before, click on “Create an account” and follow the on-screen instructions for account creation and login.
- In the next window, you need to synchronize your settings. Enter your device nickname and select your preferred language. After that, click on the “Next” button which is given at the bottom.
- Now, you need a high-speed internet connection for installing all the map updates. For that, you have to set a Wi-Fi network if you want a wireless connection.
- Otherwise, use an Ethernet(Network) cable for wired connection. When you are connected to the internet click on the blue “Next” button.
- Then, read all the terms and conditions of the Privacy Statement by clicking on its link. If you agree with the agreement, click on the “Yes” button. It will start setting up your device.
- Now, the software will start checking for all the map updates. You need to click on the Garmin Connect icon to view data.
- Subsequently, click on the view details, and it will show you a list of all the software and map updates.
- Choose your preferred map updates from the list, then click on the “Accept” button given there.
- Then, make sure that you do not unplug your device or shut down your computer in between the installation process.
- When the map updates are installed, You’re up to date will display on your screen.
Hence, this completes the installation process from garmin.com/mapupdates.