The process of Garmin Express is very simple. For this, you have to launch Garmin Express on your computer and log in to your account. Then, connect your Garmin device with your computer. As such, the application will automatically detect all the available updates. Hence, simply click on “Install All” and all the software or garmin gps update will be installed on your Garmin GPS device.
How To Install Garmin GPS Update?
Step 1. Install Garmin Express
- First of all, launch an Internet browser on your system.
- Now, go to “garmin.com/express”.
- The following window provides you download links for both Windows and Mac.
- Hence, click on the link as per your OS.
- As a result, it will start downloading the setup file.
- Meanwhile, click on “Save” or “Save As” if prompted.
- Now, you should click on “Run” or “Continue”.
- Then, review the terms and conditions or the “software license agreement”.
- Next, click on “Agree” or “Accept”.
- Finally, click on “Install” and wait for the installation process to complete.
- Meanwhile, Mac users must enter their Mac Admin User ID and Password. Then, click on “Install Software”.
Step 2. Connect Garmin GPS To The Computer
- To begin with, dismantle your Garmin GPS device.
- Now, turn it on and ensure that it is fully charged.
- Next, you should connect your Garmin device with your computer using the USB cable.
- Then, launch the pre-installed Garmin Express and click on “Get Started”.
- Thereafter, click on the “Add a device” button on the user interface.
- As a result, it will detect your GPS device and connect it.
- Once again click on “Add device”.
Step 3. Register The Garmin Device
- Once you have connected the device with your computer, you should register it. This is an optional step required for only first-time users.
- After clicking the “Add a device” button, enter your registered email address on the following window. Then, click “Next”.
- Next, you should provide your password and log in to your Garmin account.
- However, in case, if you don’t have a Garmin account. Then, first, create an account. Thereafter, log in to it.
- Now, enter a nickname for this device and click on “Next”.
- Finally, click “Yes” or “No” for “Anonymous Data Collection” as per your preference.
- After that, if prompted complete the network connection by following on-screen instructions.
Step 4. Install Garmin GPS Update
- As the registration process completes, you will be redirected to the dashboard of Garmin Express.
- Now, the application will automatically detect all the available updates for the connected devices.
- Your dashboard will display all the software and garmin gps update beneath the device name. However, in case of multiple devices, click on the device name to view the updates.
- Hence, click on “Install All” or “Select All” to download all the updates. Alternatively, if you want to download any specific update. Then, click on the “Install” button beside the update that you want to install. For this, you should first click on “View Details” to check all the updates separately.
- Thereafter, review the “Terms and Conditions” page and click on “Accept”.
- The following window will provide you with instructions for the updates. Therefore, read the same carefully and ensure that all the steps have been followed properly. Then, click on “Continue”.
- As a result, it will initiate the installation process which will take some time. Hence, wait for the process to complete. In the meantime, you should ensure that the system stays connected to the network.
- Thereafter, it will notify you about the successful installation of the Garmin GPS update. Subsequently, it will prompt you to disconnect the device when it is safe to remove it. Hence, unplug the device once you get the confirmation.
- At last, restart your device.
Hence, this completes the Garmin GPS update procedure.