You can do the Garmin Nuvi update with the Garmin Express application. Follow the below-given instructions carefully, in order to update Garmin Nuvi using the Garmin Express.
How To Do Garmin Nuvi Update?
- First of all, you need to open your preferred browser on your device.
- After that, go to “garmin.com/express”.
- The following window will provide you download links for Windows and Mac Operating system as well. Hence, you need to click on the link according to your operating system.
- Once the downloading process gets completed, double-click the file.
- Thereafter, view the license agreement of the software and if you agree to it, click on the “Install” button. Once the installation finishes, click on the Launch Garmin Express icon to open the application.
- Subsequently, you need to plug in your Garmin device with your computer using the USB cable. So, for that, connect one end of the USB cable with the Garmin product and another with your computer.
- Next, click on the “Add a Device” icon on your system and the software will start searching for your Garmin device.
- Once, the screen says connected, click on “Add a device” button which is given below your device name. You can also click on the “search again” link if you have not found your device.
- Afterward, register your device by entering your email address. Then, you need to click on the “Next” button located at the bottom of the page.
- In the next screen, Sync with Garmin Connect and then log in to your Garmin account. Follow the below-given instructions for signing in.
- Click on the blue “Sign In” button.
- Then, enter your email address and password into the respected fields that you used at the time of account creation. After that, click on the “Sign In” button.
- If you have not created your Garmin account before, click on “Create an account” and follow the on-screen instructions for account creation and login.
- After this, once you have reached the “MyGarmin” dashboard, click on the “MyMaps” tab.
- As a result, you will find all available updates including purchased ones.
- Afterward, click on the “View Details” option available next to the “Map Updates”.
- After that, you need to click on the “Install” button.
- In the next window, the license agreement page will appear on your screen. It is recommended to read the terms and conditions of the license agreement carefully. If you agree to all the terms and conditions, tick mark the checkbox beside the “I Agree” option. Then, click on the “Continue” button in order to continue with the process.
- After that, the map updates will start downloading on your Garmin Express then will transfer to your Nuvi device.
- As a result, Garmin Express will display the current progress of updating the application. Also, it will display the percentage completed, estimated time, remaining and downloading speed of the application.
- After that, wait until the Garmin Nuvi update procedure completes properly. Then, after the update procedure gets completed, close the Garmin Express application.
- At last, you are required to unplug the Nuvi device from your computer.
Hence, this completes the Garmin Nuvi Update procedure successfully using Garmin Express software.