Garmin understands that regular maintenance procedure like Garmin Update can be extremely tiring and frustrating for some users. As such, it ensures that these updates are easily downloaded and installed without much hassle. For this, it provides a user-friendly and intuitive platform called Garmin Express. In other words, it has simplified the entire process for users.
How to Install Garmin Update?
The process for Garmin Update is surprisingly simple. For this, all you have to do is launch Garmin Express on your computer and log in to your account. Then, hook up your Garmin Device to this system. As such, the application will automatically detect all the available updates. Hence, simply click on “Install All” and all the software/ map updates will be installed on your GPS device.
However, when you are installing Garmin Updates for the first time. Then, you have to go through a slightly lengthy process. Given below is the complete procedure of Garmin Update for the first-time users.
Step 1: Install Garmin Express
- First and foremost, open a Web Browser on your computer.
- Now, go to “garmin.com/express”.
- The following window provides you download links for both Windows and Mac. Hence, click on the link as per your OS.
- As a result, it will start downloading the “Setup” File. Hence, wait for the process to complete.
- Meanwhile, click on “Save” or “Save As” if prompted.
- Once the download completes, locate the downloaded file on your system.
- Now, double-click the file to open it.
- Next, you should click on “Run” or “Continue”.
- Then, read the “Terms and Conditions”/ “Software License Agreement”.
- Then, click on “Agree” or “Accept”.
- Finally, click on “Install”. Then, wait for the process to complete.
- Meanwhile, Mac users must enter their Mac Admin User ID and Password. Then, click on “Install Software”.
- Thereafter, restart your computer.
Step 2: Connect Garmin GPS to the Computer
- To begin with, dismantle your Garmin GPS device.
- Now, turn it on and ensure it is fully charged.
- Next, you should hook it up with your computer by means of a mini USB Cable.
- Then, launch the pre-installed Garmin Express and click on “Get Started”.
- Thereafter, click on the “Add A Device” button on the user interface.
- As a result, it will detect your GPS device and connect it.
- Once again, click on “Add Device”.
Step 3: Register The Garmin Device
- Once, you have connected the device with your computer, you should Register it. This is an optional step required only for first-time users.
- After clicking the “Add Device” button, enter your registered Email Address on the following window. Then, click “Next”.
- Next, you should provide your password and log in to your Garmin Account.
- However, in case if you don’t have a Garmin Account. Then, first, create an account. Thereafter, log in to it.
- Now, enter a Nickname for this device and click “Next”.
- Thereafter, you may click “Yes” or “No” for “Anonymous Data Collection”.
- After that, if prompted complete the network connection by following on-screen instructions.
Step 4: Install Garmin Update
- As the Registration process completes, you will be redirected to the dashboard of Garmin express.
- Now, the application will automatically detect all the available updates for the connected device.
- Your dashboard will display all the software and map updates beneath the device name. However, in case of multiple devices, click on the device name to view the updates.
- Hence, click on “Install All” or “Select All” to download all the updates. Alternatively, if you want to download any specific update. Then, click on the “Install” button beside the update that you want to install. For this, you should first click on “View Details” to check all the updates separately.
- Thereafter, review the “Terms and Conditions” page and click on “Accept”.
- The following window will provide you with instructions for the updates. Therefore, read the same carefully and ensure that all the steps have been followed properly. Then, click on “Continue”.
- As a result, it will initiate the installation process which will take some time. Hence, wait for the process to complete. Meanwhile, ensure that the system stays connected to the network.
- Thereafter, it will notify you about the successful installation of Garmin update. Subsequently, it will prompt you to disconnect the device when it is safe to remove it. Hence, unplug the device once you get the confirmation.
- At last, restart your device.