Garmin BaseCamp is a free application that helps you to view maps and routes and to track and transfer them to the Garmin device. This application works as a connection between your system and device. For using this application, you have to download it on your system. At times, while accessing this document, Garmin displays the error message “There was a problem communicating with the Garmin device” in BaseCamp. This occurs when a corrupt file is encountered on the device you have connected. GPX (Waypoints, Tracks and/or Geocaches), JNX (Birdseye files), and JPG (Pictures) are the corrupted files that cause the error.
Error in BaseCamp – “There was a problem communicating with the Garmin Device”
It becomes important to resolve the error quickly as this will interrupt the working of your device. In order to resolve the error in basecamp, you have to follow the troubleshooting steps given below.
In order to resolve the error, you are required to delete the corrupted file. For deleting, follow the process given below.
- Firstly, click the Start menu icon. You will get this icon in the lower-left corner of the screen.
- Then, select the “Computer” option from the left-hand panel.
- Now, select the drive where you have saved the Garmin folder.
- Open the Garmin folder.
- After that, locate and open the corrupted folders such as GPX, JNX (or BirdsEye), or JPG.
- From the folder, you have to delete the files that are indicated as corrupt in the error message.
This will successfully resolve the communicating Error. If you are still getting the error message, then you have to verify that your device is communicating correctly with your Windows application.
In order to resolve the Error in BaseCamp on your Mac device, then you have to follow the given troubleshooting steps. Before you begin with the fixing of error, you first have to verify that your device is well connected and is communicating well with your Mac applications. If the error persists, then you have to delete the corrupted files from your Mac device.
Deleting these folders also deletes all the data, images, and files from your Garmin Express Device. Hence, Garmin suggests you to copy these folders and then moving the troubleshooting procedure. For this, follow the process given below.
- First, you have to open the Finder on your Mac device. This option is located on the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Then, tap “Go” from the menu bar.
- After that, tap the “Computers” option.
- Next, you have to locate and open the Garmin drive.
- Then, access the Garmin folder from the available folders.
- Now, copy the corrupted files such as GPX, JNX, and JPG files from the folder and paste them on your desktop.
- This might take a few minutes to get completed. Hence, wait patiently.
- Once the copying process gets completed, reach the Garmin folder.
- Then, move the corrupted files from the folder to the trash.
- At last, you have to empty the trash to completely remove the files from the system.
Now, you have to open the BaseCamp and check if the Error in BaseCamp still displays or not.